Monday, August 21, 2017

The next cleanse

I started my second FULL 30-day challenge on Sunday (Sunday!? Who starts something on a Sunday), I didn't want to wait any longer. I enjoyed a relaxing Saturday, complete with ice cream, with my family and then decided it was time to be serious. The continuous chest pain is enough to want change; so this is it... 30 days.

Now the irony is, I thought this would be a cake walk (or a veggie walk?), a bit of will power and I would lose another 20lbs (my 2017 goal).

Argh.

I was not as thorough with my maintenance as I thought... because it's day 2 and the sugar withdrawals are making my knees buckle and this migraine has lingered since last night. I am sluggish and cranky.

I do feel motivated... I can control the cravings, even with Zachary trying to share his graham cracker with me, mostly by forcefully shoving it in my mouth.

The catch I have given myself for this challenge is no scale. There will be no scale until day 30. I think that alone will be motivating, because I will be working towards that end goal... not the daily up and downs.

Skipping the scale in the morning is going to be more of a challenge than skipping that chocolate cake. I already buggered it, on autopilot I hopped on this morning. Happy to see a 5lbs loss, but than angry that I buggered my first challenge. So starting TODAY I will no longer weigh in.

I have 22lbs to lose before December 31st (good thing I already got 5 out of the way).

Wish me luck!

#truth


Ps - I have to delay my cleanse day, I am listening to my body and it says no deep cleansing with a migraine. So I will leave it until I wake up ready for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment