Thursday, August 14, 2014

What's the best?

You know what's the best??

Things that aren't.

Yup, that's a thing.

Are you with me?

Things that you should be doing, but don't want to. Things that you can secretly do without doing. Those types of things include exercise.

I love exercise that isn't.

I mean something that gets your heart rate up and makes you feel warm and sweaty, but isn't exactly exercise; its a decision to take the long way around.

My daily no exercise includes parking as far from the subway as I can, opting to take the stairs instead of the escalator and walking to co-workers offices instead of sending emails.

There is nothing pretty about taking the stairs
Some days, the good days, my no exercise is walking to the park and actually engaging in activity with the babe. Up and down the slide, swings and climbing walls. It's my decision to carry Thomas instead of bringing the stroller and he does make me huff and puff, especially when we take the stairs. 24 pounds of baby, plus my purse, car keys and diaper bag. Thomas even helps with my arm workouts when he squirms uncontrollably.

No exercise is all the exercise this old body has time for these days.

What's your daily no-exercise?

xo

PS. As I type this I am squeezing my abs in a no-crunch. *grunt*

No comments:

Post a Comment