Friday, March 13, 2015

Gym Worshipper = Bad Teeth


So I might have an explanation to something that has ailed me my ENTIRE existence. My Teeth. I have terrible teeth, I have soft teeth and I have missing teeth, all of which I try to hide EVERYDAY. I cried everytime a tooth couldn't be saved, but we've never been able to figure out WHY I have such bad teeth. Part of it is genetics, my Dad has bad teeth and so does my Mom; both have no molars, for different reasons. Part of it is my inability to remember flossing (I try, but don't do it enough... but WHO DOES?). Part is because of my history with purging, because of stomach acids etc. But none of those are strong enough alone to explain the state of my teeth.
Then I stumbled across an article. 


This Article talks about how exercise can be a contributing  factor to bad teeth. It pulls the logic that working out creates dry mouth, which leaves bacteria to multiply and frolic freely. Saliva's main job, when you're not eating, is to flush all the toxins from your teeth and tongue.

Now I know what you're thinking, "She does NOT go to the gym enough to consider this a factor", oh but I do. I have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week for 10 years (which looking back says I should be WAY further along in this get fit adventure). That's a lot of dry mouth. 

Funnily enough I feel OK with this rationale. 

DING!




No comments:

Post a Comment