Friday, July 9, 2021

Here we go!

I spoke with my NP yesterday and set the plan in motion. 

I start with Saxenda on Sunday, I've read as much as I can about it and I am excited to be one of the success stories (fingers and toes are crossed it works for me). I dove into the side effects and complications as well - I feel good about this. I also got on the wait list for a consultation with the bariatric team - I don't think I want to go through with the surgery, but I have enough questions I want answers too. 

Yet - I am not telling anyone, I am not shouting from the rooftops that I need this kind of support. I am quietly being excited and only telling a handful of people. Maybe after it works I will tell people, but it feels shameful to need help. 

So here is the plan -- there is always a plan. 12 weeks on Saxenda with a growing dose week by week. At the end of it, I have to have lost 5% of my total body weight - or more. If yes, I can choose to continue. If no - we stop, because it is not working. 

I have a spreadsheet and everything -- I keep everything else the same, workouts, water and whole foods, just add a little poke every morning. 


Wish me luck! I will keep an updated journal here - I can tell you're excited. 

Love!

Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment