Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Saxenda - Update

 Good Morning!

I am have way through the first week of my Saxenda and it's going well - I think. I have a before  picture, but I am saving that embarrassment for when I have a good after/during photo. It's no surprise I don't love my before -- I had behind black and baggy clothes. 

First - the injections, I thought this would be tricky - I do need to psyche myself up a little bit, but it's going well. The pen fascinates me, it is used for multiple injections - I just swap out the needle head, click my dose (0.6mg the first week). I have found my favourite spot - the fupa. I move around my lower belly, changing positions every day. It doesn't even hurt (although I did try my thigh and I didn't like it). 

Second - the feeling, I am not sure I feel different, but I do. I don't even know how to explain it - I feel full, but in the uncomfortable bloated way. I hope that subsides as my body adjusts, but truth is it stops me from snacking through the evening because I am full. I had a headache through the first 3 days, but that could have been the weather, a rainy heat wave. 

Third - the scale, it's going down consistently. I am hesitant to get excited about the loss, could be water weight or a wonky scale. I will do an official weigh in on Saturday when I up my dose. 

Fourth - side affects, I am so tired. I haven't hit my workouts at all this week. I am drained by the time I get to the end of the day and have been sound asleep by 8pm. And the heartburn -- it's like I am pregnant and I just swallowed a fire. I am not used to that, but it's manageable. I would stand on my head if it would work.

Fifth - the mental side, I still haven't broadcasted my use of Saxenda, it still feels silly that I need this kind of help. I haven't fixated on food or volume - I just eat good food when I am hungry and that seems to work. I don't feel as anxious at mealtime as I typically do and I am not counting every calorie.

So that's it -- I think it is a positive review so far. I wish I had hit more workouts, but I am ok with sitting out this week. Everything opens back up next week - then I will book my OTF classes in the evenings I don't have strength training. I'll see if that helps. 

Until then - stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment