Thursday, February 9, 2012

Symptoms - Why?

Above is ONE picture I took of my thyroid, you can't really see the swelling, but I circled the
swelled area... not sure if this helps anyone who didn't know where the thyroid was.The one
on the left is the actual picture... its the better judge of my neck, because the one on the right
I had to move around and re-size.

Everyone keeps asking me 'Why are you doing this to yourself?' My symptoms this time are bad, but nothing new to report. I have headaches. I feel like a drug addict going through withdrawal. My head throbs and things get fuzzy. I lost all of my patience and my head is congested. My throat is all full of thyroid and I feel nauseous most of the time. I am tired, but not sleepy and I feel drained of all energy. So... why do I do this? Because these symptoms perfectly display the nasty side affects of a sugar addiction. The way I am feeling is because I took away all the crap my body had come to depend on. No I don't like feeling like this, but if my diet was good year round... I wouldn't feel like this during detox and as much as I call it 'detox' all it really is, is eating well; cutting out the crap, the fast food, the easy meals. Its finally treating my body the way it needs to be, to be healthy and happy for a lifetime. I wish I could sustain this mindset forever. I know that in a week I will feel better. I will feel fit and energized. I just have to get over the hump and learn to curve my cravings.

It helps that in 4 days I have lost 5 pounds, which i find very motivating. I want to hit my FINAL goal for my birthday. Its the same goal I have made for the last 3 years. I didn't expect it to take this long, but the journey is the memory and worth every nauseated step.

I feel all profound and smart today.

The other reason why I am doing all this... I want to keep my thyroid. I am willing to do anything and this diet/detox, might alleviate the stress I have put on my thyroid and give it a chance to recover. Who knows?

Love!

PS - My throat is still swollen and my thyroid is still bothering me. I was suppose to re-start the drops today, but I decided to give it ONE MORE day. Tomorrow I will re-start the drops in a smaller dosage.

Pounds to Lose: 20

3 comments:

  1. Have you taken this picture at rest or during mid-swallow?
    A short video with the light source at the side will be better (to see if both sides are involved or just one side).
    Does your thyroid feel hard (rubber like) and tender to touch?
    I would definitely recommend the ultrasound with Doppler flow to determine if the acute inflammatory process takes place. A blood test for ESR rate will be helpful as well.
    As a home remedy taking NSAD such as Motrin may help. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a side view?
    Pretty neck BTW:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for commenting. I feel very alone a lot of the time with this thyroid business. I will do my best to grab a side picture (which might require help) and maybe even a video. I did speak with my Dr. last night in regards to this and I am just about to blog about it... check out the new blog for the details.

    PS - Thanks for the pretty neck comment... good to know its not hideous and fat... hehe

    ReplyDelete