Monday, March 21, 2011

Day ONE

I have finished the first 24hours and I want to say I feel good. I think I feel proud, but not good. I had the predicted headache and was BY FAR the bitchiest I have ever been.

I slept a lot and I am relieved I started this process at home and NOT at work.

The morning shake is disgusting! It's grainy and terrible, not to mention lumpy because my magic bullet does NOT work. That in and of itself makes me angry.

I went shopping and after reading a lot of labels I left the store with a lot of goodies.

My new favorite thing... Cashew Almond Butter. YUM! It's all natural and only contains Cashews, Almonds and Sunflower oil. It's incredibly yummy and with or without the detox will be found in my cupboards.

As for my diet... my first day menu is below.

I feel good today... even though my shake was even worse and my oatmeal (without sugar) was terrible. I am a little hungry, but will be heading down the gym soon.

I woke up this morning 4 pounds lighter than Sunday morning (before the detox) so I LOVE that side of things.

The hardest part I have found so far is the fruit. I can have all kinds of fruit (No grapefruit or oranges), but because I tend to consume only fruits and no veggies my Doctor limited me to TWO fruits and I have to use one in my morning shake of gross.

Ok... this blog is a little bit of a ramble, but that's only because I haven't done much of anything yet.

Oh yea... my other good news. I can eat homemade Guacamole and Hummus. Mmm... I make my own Guac and only like it when I do.

Its...

2 ripe avocados
1 green pepper diced
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a red onion
salt
pepper
and fresh lime juice.

**Don't forget to leave the pit in to keep it green ;)

My other childhood treasure I have a new appreciation for is raisins. I forgot how yummy they are and the perfect snack. They do count as a fruit, but I am ignoring that little detail.

Ok.. Menu Below.

Love!

Shake:
1 cup Frozen Field Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries and Strawberries)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 scoops of gritty detox powder
4 ice cubes.

Breakfast:
3 Omega Eggs (scrambled)
1/2 green pepper diced
1 small tomato diced
1/4 yellow onion diced
with Sea Salt and Pepper

Lunch:
2 tbsp Cashew Almond Butter
10 rice crackers
3 celery stalks

Dinner:
1 grilled chicken breast
1 sweet potato, roasted with onions and garlic
1 cup spring mix with oil and vinegar dressing

Snack:
10 Cashews
1 cup Fresh Pineapple
3 rice crackers with homemade guac

No comments:

Post a Comment