Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DAY THREE

I am just motoring along, but I have to admit it feels weird not to count calories. I can eat what ever I want, from my very limited list of things I am allow. It feels like I am cheating, because I am not logging and last night I was SO hungry I needed a snack... normally it would be popcorn or, dare I say, Ice Cream but last night I found comfort with Hummus, carrots and celery. It was yummy.

I even caught myself several times reaching for a cheat... Richard had ranch Doritos's last nightbut everytime I stopped before I got there.

I also took the time last night to MAKE dinner... not just a quickie. I decided to experiment with my allowed ingredients and had brown rice with Molasses Chicken and steamed broccoli. It was YUM!

I made up the recipe, but it was basically  chunks of chicken in a frying pan with an inch of water. I let them cook on low and when they we're cooked through I added 1/4 cup of molasses and a few whole garlic cloves. Then I turned down the heat and let it simmer while I worked on the rice and the broccoli.

The molasses reduced and made a sticky sauce for the rice.

Richard even ate is with me AND enjoyed it.

I was actually surprised last night... the phone rang and it was my Naturopath. She wanted to check in with me. She had asked me to call with any concerns and I hadn't... I had been following the rules and didn't have a lot of questions. Anyways... she called to check up on me and make sure I was having success.

She also gave me one more restriction. No more daily weigh ins. She said it has become an obession and I agree, but I love watching my weight decline... in fact today I was down another pound. Before you judge. She said I could weigh in this morning, but not again until Wednesday.

I went to step yesterday too... again I had boundless energy and incredible body heat. It was good.

I am happy and finally without a headache.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment