Monday, July 18, 2011

How much time?

How much time do I have to get in shape and prepare my body for babies?? Let's be honest, that is my only motivations... I want babies. I want a healthy pregnancy. I want a healthy baby. I want a body that bounces back AFTER my healthy pregnancy!

I am no where near ready for babies... in fact, I shouldn't even be thinking about it. I have a year to plan a wedding and the rest of my life to think about babies. I just feel like everyone around me is prego... sister-in-law, friends, co-workers, cousins. I can't wait to grow life, but it all comes with a great fear.

I recently fell in love with a blog http://www.sweetbabyjames.org/. It follows this wonderful family and their son, who is born against all odds and suffers many setbacks. Its a heart wrenching story as you battle, along side them, for insurance, support and a solution. It has really got me thinking about my future babies and what I would do to protect them and give them the best chance possible at life, not that I am implying a mother can control the growth and development of her child. I just want the best odds out there.

On that note; alone I have decided to re-start my detox program and stick to it this time. I will detox (no wheat, sugar or dairy) for 3 weeks. After that I will move into a more realistic diet, but one that will change my life. I have lost touch with my goals since achieving so many in the short term... buying a house, being independent...etc.

I am ok today, but it is only day one... day three and four is when it starts to hurt and I begin to struggle.

Wish me luck.

I have just over 11 months to work it out.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment