Monday, March 19, 2012

Let's get back to fitness.

I have been off not doing anything productive, for what feels like WEEKS! I haven't made any progress anywhere nor have I been motivated to do anything beyond the basic work outs... yes, I still hit the gym 5 times last week, but no I didn't lose anything or gain anything. I don't feel better or worse just disappointed. I wanted to re start the detox in time for my naturopath appointment, but I am just not motivated to do it. Its expensive and time consuming and honestly I need to do something that takes less thought and consideration... I am planning a wedding for dang sake and it is the MOST stressful thing I have ever been through, let alone trying to count every calorie and read every package in great detail while shopping every three days to have fresh fruit in the house... whewf! I also don't want to spend hours in the kitchen everyday preparing everything. In short I know my strengths and its not dieting... its exercise.

I have cancelled my Naturopath appointment and I have allotted those funds to a personal trainer... or I will once the poll closes, because I am stumped on the decision and need your help. I feel bonded and connected to you, my readers, and I suspect you know what is best for me. PLUS it will be fun to do something new and have daily blog updates of the insanity that will ensue.

I need to be accountable and I need to do something new... I am great at finding loop holes, which why I can't do the same thing twice... I did the calorie cutting, portion control, running schedule, detoxing, naturopath visits... I need to shake things up and I thought a new fitness regime would be the ticket.

I have THREE options...

Option 1 - Work with a trainer in my current gym. I have a gym at work in my building and i could sign up for a personal trainer there. I could use my lunch hours to work with someone instead of elliptical, running and classes BUT then I lose my cardio time, which I enjoy. I could make that up with running outdoors now that the weather is nice.

Option 2 - I could ADD a trainer to my current regime, outside of my gym. Which means I could continue with what I am doing to maintain my weight, but add something in the evenings for more direction. I feel like I am motivated to hit the gym 4 days a week and that the true pit fall to my routine is when I get home and lose all momentum to do anything. This option includes an at home trainer... a woman that would come to my house, with her own equipment and work with me outside of work hours.

Option 3 - Boot camp, which I have had success with in the past. This is another strike to motivating me after hours, when I struggle the most. This is a boot camp that i haven't done before, but seems pretty intense. It would be twice a week in a class of 15. Its less personalized with less accountability, but also less expensive which is a huge help.

There you have it... I am going to pick one. I just don't know which one. They all have perks and pitfalls. Option 1 is the easiest and cheapest, but overlaps with what I am currently doing and takes away from my workout time, rather than adding to it. Option 2 seems ideal, but the cost scares me. Option 3 is my favorite, because I love Boot Camp-esque things, but the location could be a challenge and if I can't get to the classes on time they are no good to anyone.

Please help me.

I want to make a decision by the end of the week... check out the poll on the left.

Thanks! I will let you know the outcome as soon as the poll closes and I promise to do whatever you ask of me.

It like a 'choose your own adventure' but I'm not a book and I'm not truly choosing my own adventure... you are. So I guess its not really the same at all. Hmmm...

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment