Thursday, March 29, 2012

I did it.

I got sucked into the hype! I now have a personal trainer AND I signed up for Boot Camp. Hmpf. What can I say the adrenaline was pumping and I was sweaty... sweaty and happy, which made me willingly hand over my credit card. Hmpf.

That aside I am pretty excited about working with John (my new trainer) and testing out Boot Camp. I love taking on new fitness challenges... they work for me and I can't wait to see what will happen over the next 5 weeks. Yes, 5 weeks of pain. Ironically it all wraps up the week of my next dress fitting.... I am hoping for inches loss and aiming for 15-20lbs of loss.

We'll see.

Now the experience. I had a 'consultation' last night, this was to include a 'chat' and an introductory work out. I was nervous (I always am heading to a new gym) and anxious to get on with it. I found the gym (on the far side of Burlington) and was a little disappointed when I first walked in... there was a smell, the place was disorganized and unfinished. I was little concerned, but I waited at the front and finally a incredibly buff guy greeted me. I knew by the intensity in his eyes it was John. The very same John I tried to cancel on a week earlier. We shook hands and he handed me a stack of paperwork to fill out. I sat at a rickety old table with a empty pen and did my best to fill out the paper work all the while wondering if I was wasting my time. After about 20minutes (I was early and her was with a client) he came to say hello. In those 20 minutes though I had met a group of older women who had nothing but praise for John and the gym.

Anyways I meet with John and he goes over my, what think are impressive, papers. I am already doing so many of the things he suggests... including water intake, vitamins, limit caffeine, dairy and wheat. I think he is intrigued, We venture into his office for a closed door meeting... the nitty gritty of what I need and why I need it. At this point I find out that the venue is new, like 3 weeks new, and the renos aren't done, but due to circumstances they had to move early... all my concerns, were in the process of correction... correction to the point of awesome and I can't wait to see the finished product.

I told John that his intensity scared me... that I was nervous about the pain he would inflict on me if I decided to stay with me. He laughed, but seemed excited to work with me as well. I weighed in... (ew) and he measured me... then we hit the gym. I was excited to show him all I had accomplished over the last 2 years... he was going to be impressed by my skill level - ha!

I started on the treadmill for 5 minutes at his pace (exhausting) and then we grabbed a mat and hit the floor. After 20 minutes of intense (and painful) floor exercises I was sweating and throbbing, but in love. I knew I was a goner and I would sign up for anything he asked for... it didn't stop there... than we started legs (that were already aching) and arms. Every exercise was quick and concise... I didn't have a second to think or get bored. I was so charged afterwards... I love a good work out, a good sweat. I love making a difference and feeling like I am on my way to something.

John will lead me to something.

After it all I poured my sweaty, lumpy body into a chair and asked 'what's next?' He said I could sign up for Boot Camp. I asked 'what is I want more?' (because I did). He told me I could do the introductory package for personal training, which was 4 action packed sessions. I did some mental calculating (do my own hair for the wedding, tan outside and use the make up I have) I could afford 5 weeks. And so i signed up for 5 weeks... because I would rather lose the weight and feel good at my wedding than be tanned in perfection.

I start on Monday. I am so sore today, but can't wait for Monday. 5 weeks... wish me luck!

Love! (and pain)

No comments:

Post a Comment