Saturday, April 11, 2015

Birthday Surprises

I had a birthday. I don't even remember how old I am, so don't ask.

It was last Wednesday and the day of, was tame. A delicious lunch with my hubby, a quiet night at home with my boy, lots of giggles and cuddles. It was perfect.

And then Friday came along and tore out my muscles, destroyed my feet and filled me with liquor. It was AMAZING! My dear friend Vanessa (and workout buddy) planned a surprise night of birthday fun. I knew the date and time, but that was all I could get out of her.


April 10th, 5:15pm.

She met me at my house and we caught up on life, while we waited for my men to get home so I could say goodnight. Then Siri (or the android equivalent) lead us to downtown Burlington for dinner and dessert, which involved a mad dash across the street to Kelly's Bake Shoppe for some vegan cupcakes and cookies (which if you don't know Kelly, you should. Everything is vegan, gluten free and delicious. All the fun, NONE of the guilt).


Then we went for a stroll to find our next destination... a few blocks up Brant street the BRASS BOMBSHELL was waiting for us! We were having a private pole dancing class! We were going POLE DANCING! I was so freaking excited when we saw the little Pink Sign! I have always wanted to try this, but never -- just never.


It's a small studio with 12 golden poles, Connor (our MALE instructor) welcomed us at the door and celebrated our arrival as much as we did. We directed us to the change room, where we slipped into work out gear (but I kept my pink lace bra on to feel sexy, because there is NOTHING sexy about sports bras). Then he gave the run down of all we were going to accomplish in the next 90 minutes. Connor owned his pole with killer moves, smooth swinging hips and hair flip that anyone would be jealous of.


We walked up to the pole, circled the pole, switched directions and learned body rolls. We scooped our booties, touched ourselves and dragged our toes. We did floor work and buttercups, getups and cat-cows (but he called them something MUCH sexier). Then we moved on to spins and lifts. Vanessa killed it with her holds, I fell. A. LOT. Connor eventually got me a crash mat and then it was game on. I still fell a lot, but had so much fun. It is a crazy workout, using muscles I didn't even know could get sore, but they did and they are.

Then when the workout was over and we were catching our breath, Connor hit the stage in the sexiest pair of 6 inch spiked boots and WOW. Now I knew how he could move his body, the control he had over his limbs, but when the amateurs got out of the way! O.M.G. He killed it... he was strutting around the pole, dropping into spins, popping the fuck out of his booty and then there was the aerial work... he was upside down and fully extended, lateral and blowing in the wind. Vanessa and I just watched with our mouths open. It was incredible!


We thanked him for this dance and snapped a picture, before moving on to the next surprise. Once we got back home and devoured our cupcake, Vanessa let the last surprise slip. We were going DANCING!


We got all dolled up and called a cab, these girls were taking over The IVY. We did a few shots, pounded our drinks and got in the cab. We spent the next 3 hours, dancing our asses of in heels until a moment of fresh air carried us outside, where we lost all control of our feet and hobbled to a cab.

We came home and fell into a beautiful sleep, until alarms rang at 6am to send Vanessa running out the door and me into Mum-mode, sore muscles, sore feet, but one hell of a night!

Best workout so far!

Thanks to Vanessa for putting it all together for me! I am a lucky girl to have such amazing people in my life. Now I need to start planning her birthday, what adventure will be go on next!

xo


And an extra picture for good measure! What you
don't see is the FULL bar to the left of the picture,
with BIG glass windows. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment