Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Doing my own thing.

Day one of my own personal hell bootcamp!

I have searched (since moving here) for somewhere to work out, somewhere with a group setting, support and class times that fit with my schedule. That is a tough order. I can’t workout in the AM; Richard is gone by 5:30am. I can’t workout between 8 and 11:30 or 1:30 and 6:30, because – work. I can’t workout between 6:30 and 8, that’s the only time I see my boys (and getting fit for them shouldn’t mean missing out on them). So... you see my dilemma, to complicate things, working out after 8pm sabotages my sleep and gets me all wound up!

I tried Cross Fit, Orange Theory, Bootcamps, Kickboxing, Trampoline and -- everything... nothing worked.

So...  I thought, I tried Cross Fit, Orange Theory, Bootcamps, Kickboxing, Trampoline, why not take everything I have learned and put together my own bootcamp, on my schedule!??!

I reinstated my Goodlife membership, on hold since September, and made a plan.

Some revisions to make to the plan!
Today was the first day, although I ambitiously wanted to start yesterday on a deep cleanse day. Nope. I went home and cried instead, because I am a girl... and sometimes we do that for no reason (at least not one we understand). 

I also had a Naturopath appointment* at lunch eliminating my one workout time slot for the day *thats an emotional post and I am still working on the courage to share.

Also the bonus to creating your own schedule is it is your own! So I moved day one to today and bingo bango we’re back in business!

I created a circuit with decreasing rows at the top. I added in 6 strength exercises, Upper body twice a week, Lower body once a week. This paired with Step on Saturdays (hence the lower body difference) and Hot Yoga on Sundays for a good stretch.




10 weeks. I have 10 weeks organized, planned, prepped and on the go. Once I complete 10 weeks, I’ll re-evaluate and schedule the next 10.

Today was learning... it was a new location for me so I wasn’t sure how easy the circuit would be to set-up. The Row machine (a crucial step according to OTF, Crossfit and Bootcamps) wasn’t anywhere near the weights, which added a step, but worked out.


Look at that effort! #beachbodyhereicome
Being the first also meant alterations we’re acceptable, good news is most adjustments were to add weight. I am stronger than I thought.

I had a HiiT run at the end with sprints, but I had to cut time and found treadmill running boring (I love the outdoors). So I turned on my Apptiv App* and did a Kelly Clarkson run for 18minutes, elevation change plus intervals and a wicked play list.

*Great App... highly recommend!

 It felt good to be home. Wish me luck on getting through the next 10 weeks. You are my accountability.


Xo

Ps - These posts need to be funnier. #lame

No comments:

Post a Comment