Monday, October 6, 2014

Sometimes quitting isn't failure.

.... sometimes it is, but I am hoping this isn't one of those times.

I took on the 90 day challenge for the third time in the hopes of losing the last 15 pounds. I thought I could handle a 30-minute workout at the end of each day.

I was wrong.

I'm quitting, because I am listening to my bodies request for rest (check out my 'Day in the Life' Page for reference... that tab up there -- little higher. Yup, that one. Just click it (or wait until you're done reading this epiphany) and you'll see my typical day, please try to stifle the yawn).

Sorry internet. I quit.

The positive news is... I am reevaluating my fitness goals and joining a gym.

So smile fair-internet, all is NOT lost.

I may not have the energy at 8 pm, but I can make the time during the day to venture away from my desk for a fitness break. I am in the office 8 hours, paid for 7... which means I should have 60 minutes mid day to do something good for me.

I printed out and completed the registration form for the in-office gym and in about 47 minutes I am going to go hand it in, get my scan card and officially be a gym member.

I am changing my fitness goals, I will...

-Always take stairs.
-Get to the Gym 3 days a week (minimum).
-Get outside with Thomas, for a walk or something at least once a week

As for my overall Health Goals, I have emailed a Naturopath in my neighborhood and I am hoping to sit down with them in 2 weeks, I think a detox is in order. My diet is out of my control, I just can't seem to get a handle on it and I need help.

Whewf!

That's big talk for a Monday, but hopefully it's the start of something bigger.

xo

UPDATE: I joined the gym and am booked for a SPIN CLASS tomorrow at 12p.

No comments:

Post a Comment