Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tabata-da!

Because it is pure effing magic that I survived that class. This is me 48 minutes AFTER the class.


Do you see the RED face? Or the sweaty curls? I stopped working-out (and all basic movement... typing is exhausting) 48 minutes ago and this is my face!

In the locker room there is a group of ladies I am 'friends' with. I don't know their names, but we seem to attend a lot of the same classes. The lady with the red curls recommended Thursday's Tabata with a laugh. She said it wasn't quite Assata's Step Class, but it was tough.

I thought 'Ok, let's see.'

HOLY. MOTHER. OF ALL THINGS. PINEAPPLE. CHEESE. SAUCE.

This is the most intense class/thing I have ever done and this girl rolled around in the mudd on a cold August day.


If you aren't familiar with Tabata, just head over to the Google and type in 'What is Tabata?' And remember what ever you find, this class was 10x worse (or better?)

Susana teaches this class and she is a tank. She is as fit as a person gets and so full of energy, she was just bouncing around the class while we all died.

She actually started the class with when you feel light-headed or like you're going to be sick, because you will, just keep moving. I smirked at this thinking, 'Come on'. 

I stopped twice because I thought I might revisit my lunch, but Susana didn't. 

Even in the cool down (the 10-seconds of 'rest' between sets) she kept bouncing along. I wish I could remember all the insanity, but my head is also exhausted. I don't even know if this is coherent. I did being up Pineapple Cheese Sauce. 

For the first time I don't know if I can keep up with this class. I don't know if I will go again, which insane, because I love intense class. The more intense, the more sweat... the more I love it, but this was too much. 

Sitting is evening hurting my poor tired muscles. 

How am I going to pick up Thomas tonight?!?

Ok.
I have to go... hopefully tomorrow I can come up with a better description of this class, because Pineapple Cheese Sauce, which is sounding better and better every time I say it.

xo





No comments:

Post a Comment