Tuesday, March 15, 2016

One person

It's amazing how the simple words of one person can change things. Good or bad.

This round has yet to gain traction; nothing seems to 'work'; to lose weight, to feel better, to fit into my life. 

I keep trying, but it all feels half assed, because nothing has worked well enough for me to hang on too, I am results driven.

Today another mother, and good friend, said 'you look great, have you lost weight?' I stifled a laugh (because despite 4 weeks of effort all I have managed to do is gain). She continued, 'it's really showing in your face'. My hand automatically reaches up to feel this face weight loss and for the first time in months I feel lighter.

Tonight I didn't reach for a snack or a treat, because it finally felt like progress, momentum.


No comments:

Post a Comment