Monday, April 18, 2011

I am sick.

I have been sick for about a week. It started as a sore throat and grew into a congestion monster with fever and dizzy spells. And yea, I am at work.

I did take Friday off to recover, but it didn't seem to work and fell worse today. I have a great job, but I always feel guilty about taking a sick today... we work on accounts and my sick day means double the work for my co-workers and I like them, for the most part. So here I sit... using my lunch hour to type, since going to the gym didn't seem like the best use of time today.

I am sticking to my post detox... its easier than I thought. So easy I sometimes feel like I am cheating. Like right now, I am chowing down on cashews and they're great. Also with this snack was a cup or fresh pineapple. I don't feel deprived. In fact, I never feel deprived at work. I eat when I am hungry and its good. I do feel deprived at home when everyone around me is munching on snacks.... cupcakes... chips... cookies and sauces.

I think I miss cooking and baking the most... I miss being in the kitchen. Its hard to want to do all those things, when you can't eat it or taste it along the way, but I guess that is what got me into this mess... Nicole completely Dr.Phil'd me... with a 'If what you're doing isn't working, change.' She's right, but after 28 years of doing it my way its hard to conform... even more so because I hate being told what to do, but as I said to her as long as the scale goes down I will mindlessly follow direction.

On that note... the scale has gone down, actually it is lower than it has been in almost 3 years AND I am not only 7 pounds away from my overall goal for 2010... late yes, but better late than never.

I am good... sick, but satisfied.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment