Thursday, October 28, 2010

Apparently NORMAL is out of the question this week...

Step Class: ONE HOUR
Calories: 690+

Wow! I think I died. I don't know why this week I am feeling SO rebellious, but I haven't done anything normal. They say its good to shake things up, but I STILL don't know who 'they' are. I haven't craved the gym like I normally do. I have pushed myself to go, even on the bad days. I suppose that in its self is progress, but why can't I just take it easy??? Today again I intended to spin and again Peter was teaching the class. I opted out and went to the noon class... today it was a one hour STEP class with Angela.

I have never bounced SO much in my life. As I wrote to my Aunt...

" I went to a step class today and realized my limbs are NOT organized enough for this.


The class starts off slow... I step on the step, I step off. I don't completely understand the directions, but the people in front of me seem to be pros' so I follow their lead... until all hell breaks loose and its a... knee up repeat, shuffle, side lift, knee up, march, k... stomp, meringue... WTF?! I am sweating more than I intended and I can't figure out what my feet are doing... my arms aren't even working together... one is up while the other is down... I punched the girl in front of me... twice. I knee'd the girl on the other side of me and fell over my step MORE THAN ONCE.


I was a sweaty ball of nothing when I was done and I still feel hot and gross. Hot and Gross and accomplished. What a class... I wish I had been more prepared. Hopefully it gets my metabolism going..."
 
She had a nice chuckle at my expense so I thought you should as well. I barely survived the entire class, but I did better than most and that's good enough for me. I think I might attempt her class again next week and make it more of my routine. It's like a swift kick in the gut I need once a week, plus weigh in is tomorrow and I want to be on target. I am still trying to drop the pounds from the cruise.
 
On the health front... I went downstairs to ask Dr. Dave (we have a Doctor's office in our building for staff only... yea, I am spoiled) about my chapped lips. They are really bad and have been since my dentist visit. I thought maybe it was an allergic reaction. Anyways, I only go to this doctor when I can't get to my family doctor. The left time I went was for my DVT (deep leg thrombosis... the thing that caused all the weight gain and now weight loss). So he asked me about it. I filled him in on the last year and he made me do blood work. Turns out the dry skin on my lips isn't just chapped lips... its a symptom of hypothyroidism i.e my meds aren't working again. This could explain the lull in my weight loss.
 
So on top of doing a stupid-ridiculous-step class... I had blood taken (it took 3 tries - OW!). I am feeling a little dizzy, but I am following up with my standard chocolate pudding. Mmm...
 
So I think you are completely up to date on all that ails me.
 
Sorry about the long post. I have more to say, but it will have to wait. Let's just save there is something savoury simmering in my slow cooker RIGHT NOW. Mmm...
 
Ok.
 
Love!


Pounds to loose: 14(-10) - Body Fat: -1% - Inches Lost: 7 - Push Ups: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment