Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New TOYS!

On the Ball: 30minutes
Run: 15minutes
Calories: 500

I tried a NEW class today, not new to the gym... just new to me. Its called 'On the Ball Express' its a 30 minute core exercise class. I wanted to try it, because I have a ball at home. So introduce the ball...


This class is a BALL! (pun INTENDED) Erin had has rolling all over the floor trying new things. All is based on core strength and balance. You balance leaning on the ball, kneeling on the ball, laying on the ball... then you pick up the ball and run with the ball. It's A LOT harder than it sounds. You spend most of the class giggling, because you're rolling all over the place trying to balance on top of the ball. At one point we had to lay on the ball and lift everything but one foot up... sounds easy - NO! I wobbled here and there and eventually ate it.

Then we pulled out a NEW toy (one i have never played with)... that sounds very dirty, but bare with me.

Introducing the Styrofoam tube...


It is EXACTLY what it sounds like. It's about a foot wide, 3 feet long and made of thick Styrofoam. We used it for crunches, stretching and more balance. It also looks harmless and simple, but proved to be more challenging then the ball. You lay on it, on your back... your head on one end and your bum on the other knees bent, feet flat on the floor. The you raise your knees up and crunch. You can imagine how much rolling around ensued... followed by an eruption of laughter.

It was a great class and I think I will make a habit of going.

I followed up with some running. I needed the cardio and I feel good about today's work-out.

I am still doing my crunches at night and I feel like they are making a difference. Have I even mentioned this before? Every night before bed I set my timer for 15 minutes and then I crunch until it beeps. I work up a sweat and get really warm, my abs cringe in pain... it helps me sleep and I think it may even help me digest my dinner.

PLUS I can keep it up on the cruise... I am hoping to at least level out for a week and NOT gain... I am VERY optimistic. That won't last.

Spinning with Erin tomorrow and then I am GONE!

Woo!

Love! 


Cruise: 3 sleeps

Pounds to loose: 12(-12) - Body Fat Percentage Decline: 1% - Inches Lost: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment