Monday, June 21, 2021

Father's Day Weekend

What a fun 'exercise that isn't' weekend we had! Motocross is a huge test of your strength and endurance. We spent the weekend at Gopher Dunes. I didn't ride (it wasn't my turn, I don't have gear and -- it just wasn't my turn). We loaded up the 50 and 110 with everything we thought we would need and headed out. It was storming as we pulled out of the driveway, but at 1.5 hours it was blue skies and sun. 

We unloaded and hit the tracks - I was the mule this trip, which means my steps were up, my skin is tanned and my hair was caked in dirt. 

Thomas and Richard took on the pee-wee track, a medium sized loose dirt track with big hills. Both said it was a tough ride, but we had the track to ourselves and they paced themselves. 

Then it was time for Zac to hit the beginner track our little speed demon killed it. He has incredible throttle control and is fearless. Even the instructor (we weren't in the cross but on the same track) commented on his comfort level. 

With Zac refusing to get off the 50, Thomas decided to try the 110. It's a bit tall for him, and he had a few tears, but trusted himself and did a couple laps around the beginner track. 

We wondered the property and watched the big guys, with big jumps. He picnicked in the shade of the Go Dogs Go tree.

And if that wasn't the best part of the weekend - the boys first stay in a hotel was magic. Both we're both surprised and delighted by the little motel in Simcoe. We even walked to dinner and finally (after 18 months) sat on a patio and ordered off of a menu.

The weekend ended with a jump in the pond. Everyone is tired and happy. 

Happy Father's Day to all the moto dads out there. 

And for me - it was amazing to watch my little humans conquer fears and explore the world on their own terms. I got in a lot of steps, made a lot of diet mistakes - but I slept well and felt happy. 

Love,

Melanie and her Moto boys xo

Ps - Zac was mind blown a lot this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment