Friday, June 11, 2021

Go Hard!

 I have this habit of jumping in full steam - I get in a groove and push myself. I want to do everything all the time. I want to be the girl that goes hard and loves it. 

Also - I love working out, I wish I could do it all the time. I love how I feel when I do it - like I am being the badass bitch I pretend to be. And you CAN NOT eat while working out - so that is a win too. Any activity that doesn't revolve around eating is something I enjoy. Have you ever thought about how involved food is in ALL the activities? Dates, Lunches, Coffee breaks - 99% of celebrations include cake. 

One of my goals was to find rewards that don't involve food, tougher than it looks. Even tougher during a global pandemic when you can't go anywhere - no spa days or floats, no shopping trips or adventures. 

BUT you still have to finish the habit loop (explained in link) - there has to be a reward associated with new habits or you won't back slide back into old habits. 

What happens when FOOD has always been your reward, the ice cream, the fancy Starbucks dinner, celebratory dinner. Why is it always about food?

Why am I always about food? Have you noticed? Ever blog gets sucked into some sort of issue I am having with food, regardless of my intent. This blog was a workout blog - a shout out to my coach and the killer workout I survived. 

Even that is food related - no one wants to see my sweaty face after doing 45-minutes of squats and lunges, red and cursing, smiling. BUT the world loves a good food post, with the right lighting the right placement. Just search #foodie on any social media app and *drool* its incredibly delicious.

Also - I write these in the morning with a rumbling belly present. 

An experiment would be to post AFTER lunch.

Focus; the workout last night was spectacular. Squats in every variety (split, curtesy, pulse, jump, drop, front and loaded)  and lunges. I cursed through the entire thing, my legs screamed. So much so that on my evening walk (my reward, a few quiet minutes alone with my favourite podcast), I got to the end of the block and had to negotiate every step coming home. It was 1km - it was 18 minutes and it was all I could do before negotiating the stairs into my home.


Update; I made it up the stairs and today it hurts to get up from the toilet. I love it!

Lunch time! (and back to food)

No comments:

Post a Comment