Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I have so much on the go!

Skinny BitchFirst... i am reading a new book. I am still not sure how I feel about it, but after reading over 100 pages last night I will say it is well written. Basically its a naming calling book that lays out the facts without any sugar coating.

Skinny Bitch is a fancinating read. The authors are more than literally skinny bitches, that take no whining or excuses when it comes to becoming a skinny bitch.

The book is incredibly informative. It not only tells you sugar is bad, but goes into in depth explanation of how different sugars affect the body. It offers alternatives and ideas.

The idea of this resonated with me. I need explanation. Tell me not to do something and I WILL do it, but explained to me how it is detrimental to my goal and I won't do it. This book explains alcohol, carbs, caffefine and sugar. I couldn't put it down.

It took a turn for me when it got to the 'meat' section. I didn't realize this was pro-vegan literature. I think a Vegan life is commendable, but like religon don't force it on me. Now granted I did purchase the book and no one forced me to read it. It is uncomfortable to read. It is bias as both authors are completely vegan, but I did have to skim through a few parts because of the graphic content. I am not trying or pretending that animal slaughter doesn't happen, but my love of animals and big heart can't handle the horror stories. Again, this book took the informative angle. Not only to they share the horror stories, but they also explained the affects that meat has on the body... which is more likely to get me to give up meat than anything else.

This book illustrates the extreme and gave me nightmares last night. I want to make a change, but my inability to digest soy limits my vegan experience.

I loved the smart mouth angle of the book... I can't wait to dive into it again tonight. I highly recommend it and will more than likely hand it out to all my friends, but just be prepared for some forced opinions.

I also understand I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to health issues... I am unhealthy and have no medical training, but I know what my simple mind can handle.

Hmmm... this came off a little negative. I didn't mean it too, like I said, I love the book and can't wait to read more. I was just a little sidetracked by the forced tone of the veganism lifestyle.

Whewf what a mouthful.

Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment