Monday, August 15, 2011

Its a proud moment

when you make yourself sore.

I had a fun weekend with the ladies in my life. We went dress shopping, lunched on the patio and indulged in some chocolate gelato. Saturday night we had friend over and played wii while gorging ourselves on snacks... including peanut M&M's and freezies.

But Sunday... Sunday I woke up feeling gross disappointed in my indulgences over the weekend and decided to run. I haven't run in a few weeks... its been to hot, to cold, to wet or to late, but Sunday I had no excuse. I saddled up and headed out. I ran for 50 minutes, about 6k. It felt good. The proudest moment was my stop at the park where I did a mini boot camp. For about a half hour I ran the bleachers, lunged up the hills, counted push-ups and crunches... it felt good to sweat.

This morning I am very sore... my muscles are tired and I love it. I don't think I have ever worked that hard alone. Its nice to have the will power to abuse myself.

It should be a good week... I have a few good classes scheduled and Richard is up for walking at night. Its relaxing and great for our relationship to go for a stroll... even if the end result is ice cream ;)

That's it... I am hoping to get to the gym today to work on the elliptical, but I am not feeling the best and might skip in order to go home early... my glands are swollen and I can't swallow... *sad face*

Today I love my life... weird to say, even weirder to feel.

Its amazing how everything falls into place when you release the stresses of a troubled relationship (not my and Richards, but a life lone friend).

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment