Friday, November 12, 2010

Banana Bread

I want to share a recipe... I learned it a few years ago from Mary Jane. It's a Banana Bread recipe with no eggs, which is convenient because I never seem to have eggs at home. It bakes up yummy and I made it last night... so it's fresh in my mind (and in my belly).

2 Large Ripe Bananas (or 3 medium)
1 Cup of Sugar
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 tbls of melted Butter

Mush up the Banana's and add the dry ingredients. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 for an hour.

That's it.

I typically top with a cinnamon/sugar combination, but you don't have to.

I have also turned this into a yummy cookie recipe by increasing the flour. They bake up perfect and make a great snack.

The downside... the calories - 222 for 1/8 a loaf. I am sure it can be revised to be more diet friendly, but I have to figure out how.

Until then... indulge and enjoy.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment