Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bread... my mistress, my love.

I want bread. This is stupid.

I don’t know why I do this to myself, well I know why… it’s because it is the only thing that works. I can’t calorie count, because I am lazy. I haven’t figured out how the gym/fitness fit in to my new life just yet. I can’t be controlled, but I can NOT do something… it takes no effort to NOT do something. So my something of NOT is wheat. Which is bread. It’s delicious and wonderful, toasted or plain, with jam, jelly or honey. It’s incredible with delicately sliced meats stuffed inside or ooey gooey cheese. A smackerl of mayo or mustard. It’s soft and fluffy, its melts in your mouth; yet holds substance, it could be a meal all on its own, a delicious treat from the gods, provided to nourish mother nature’s children and I can’t eat it. It’s full of sugar, makes me bloat and is the basic ingredient on ALL of my favorite snacks.

Last night I wanted something, but nothing quick was wheat free… so I just didn’t snack, which is the whole system in progress. It does work as silly as it is.


Sidenote… I also signed up for a class with Orange TheoryFitness, which seems intense, scary and awesome. I am just waiting for my confirmation, but hopefully one day next week I will roll out of bed at 5am for an hour long cardio class, because we all know how much I love new things (read: schemes)

No comments:

Post a Comment