Wednesday, December 7, 2011

STRESS!

You know stress is the cause of most ailments (I am going to make up a number right here) 87% of disease is brought on my unnecessary stress. In fact, I believe there is no necessary stress. People would argue (another random number) 13% of people (mostly family) argue with me (about this and everything else these days).

Case in point... Stress can bring a dormant illness, such as Hypothyroidism, to the surface (I didn't even make that up). This explains why the first 25 years of my life I was healthy (not happy, but healthy) and the last 4 years have been nothing, but one ailment after another, because the stress of my current relationship is killing me. To quickly add my fiance is amazing, he is my soulmate and the best thing that ever happen to me. I love him more than I ever thought I could love anyone and despite my health I have never been happier. The stress is NOT directly brought on by him... he is in fact an only child (see where I am going with this). He has very loving parents that insist on being a part of EVERY aspect of our lives to the point of smothering. Throw a wedding into the wood works and its a lost cause. It gives me a headache just thinking of the next thing that we aren't 'following tradition' on.

And I won't drag him down so I often take the brunt as their perfect son never behaved like this before... this is mainly because he never had a reason to.

It is so completely selfish... all of this paired with my Dad's deteriorating health, my health misfortunes, the wedding, the holidays and the on going struggle with my former best friend; I am out of patience for it all and find myself stressed (and eating) most of the time.

ARGH!

Phewf... that went somewhere on its own... Oops.

On the fitness front, because I always try to take it back to that... I tried to get down to the gym for a run today. I needed the stress relieve and I got down there (after a long personal pep talk) and half naked I realized I did not bring clothes with me... duh. So I got dressed up again and came back upstairs to write this blog.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment