Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Spun... and I thought.

Spin: 45 minutes
Calories: 654

I did SPIN and I did push myself, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I am glad I went as I always am BUT my knee was hurting (from last night) and I couldn't go as hard as I wanted to.

I did think a lot during SPIN. The realization that if I keep up with my work-outs, even if it takes years, I will get in shape. I thought about being patient and if I ever thought, 9 months ago, that I would make it this far. Ideally I would get to my goal by the end of the year - just in time to make a new resolution.

I also thought about WHY I do this. Kerrie was back today and her strongest point is motivation. She talks for the majority of her class, but its always little tid-bits about moving forward, pushing on and why you work-out. What is the reason you are in her class on any given day? She asks you to think about at the beginning; before you're sweating and your legs are burning. She asks you to dedicate your work-out to something/someone. 40 minutes later when you can't go any further she asks you again 'Why are you here?' some days I am there because I ate too much the night before, or had a cupcake at lunch. Some days I am there for Richard... and always wanting to be attractive to him. Most days I am there for me. Today I was there for everyone else; everyone who hasn't seen me in months, who called me fat in high school. I was doing this to prove everyone WRONG. I am NOT the fat girl.

I wish my knee hadn't hurt the entire class, because I think that is a DAMN good reason to be there.

Anyways... back to work, lots to do.

I also attached a video... I stole it from Carrie's (BOOT CAMP) Blog. I think it is an amazing commercial and since I work in the media I thought it appropriate to share.

Think about it next time you want to 'sit it out'.

Love!




No comments:

Post a Comment